Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Few more days left til the end of fundraising and the start of our trip. So... here are a few more team members. Meet our duo Carly and Steve




Hello friends!  My name is Carly and I cannot tell you how excited I am to be going on this trip to East Asia!  As soon as I heard about this trip I instantly fell in love with the idea of being a part of it. I can’t believe we are able to go spend time with these children and show them how much God loves them. I believe strongly that we are called to be God’s hands and feet all around the world; so, whenever an opportunity arises to go and share his love I jump at the chance!  Since I have never been on this trip before I don’t know yet what it will look like; but, I know God is faithful and will do amazing things!A little bit about me… I am an elementary school teacher and I really enjoy being able to spend time with kids daily.  I am hoping that this will help me while working with the children in East Asia.  I love to read and am constantly in search of new books.  I enjoy spending time outside (especially now with the weather finally turning warm!) Traveling is my absolute favorite thing to do; I am continually ready for new adventures. So I cannot express how excited I am to experience a new culture and get to know the people of East Asia!I am so grateful for everyone who chooses to support this mission and be God reaching out His love to these children.  If you would like to contribute to my fundraising just click the link: https://globalx.managedmissions.com/MyTrip/carlybeck1 Thank you so much for following our blogs and praying for us on our journey!!!


Steve:

Why this trip? 
I didn’t want to go on this trip because I feel especially gifted to work with orphans, but I know God has a heart for the weak and the helpless so I wanted to serve them and show them God’s love.

Have you been before? 
I have been to other places around the world but never to East Asia so I’m excited to see the culture and hopefully to meet, and talk to, Asian Christians.

Unique preparation for this trip?
I am excited to serve overseas for the first time with my teammate/girlfriend Carly BeckJ

Favorite Bible verse? 
Well some of my favorite verses.  “For you have died, and your life is hidden with Chrsit in God.” Col. 3:3  “Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.”  Ps. 63:3

1 comment:

  1. Psalms 63:3 is such good reminder of what to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete