Monday, July 8, 2013

Hello dear friends! We have arrived safely in country after a worldwind 30 hours of traveling! The organization we are partnering with are amazing, I am in awe of of the work they do And the heart they have for these children. Today was out first day with the children- there are no words to describe how beautiful they are! We worked in two separate classrooms singing songs, teaching stories, and creating fun activities. My absolute favorite moments of the days were when the kids felt comfortable enough to throw their arms around whatever body part of me was closest to them for a real hug :). Such love and sweet hearts these children possess! I also loved creating a tent out of a sheet and letting all the kids lay under it to try and "catch the stars" aka flashlight beams. They were so excited and could not stop giggling! I love seeing their delight in doing new things! It was also such a beautiful thing to hear from the careworkers who do this job all year even though it is not viewed well within their culture. I am so in encouraged by their faith and they show me more of what it looks like to walk a life in the service of those less fortunate. It was a great start to the week and I know tomorrow will hold even more for us! Thank you for your support and thoughts! We rely on you- if you could please keep our team leader David in your "thoughts" he has lost his voice and this is extremely hard for him as we wants to be able to really interact with the kids.
Love, Carly

Ashley Dinkel

No comments:

Post a Comment